My mother use to say…You won’t have it all figured out until you are a grandmother …and then know one will care.
Well I am a grandmother of four and I’m not sure I’ve got it all figured out yet, but there are a few things I’ve learned along the way, so I thought I would share them…I’m assuming mom was wrong and you really do care. Heheheheee so here goes…
1. Despite what you are told, you are really pregnant for 10 months…not nine. That month after the baby, your body is changing just as much as it did during pregnancy…take it easy.
2. After that 10th month, stop wearing stretch pants…If you aren’t exercising at that moment then you shouldn’t be in workout pants. You will never get your stomach muscles back if you keep wearing maternity clothes.
3. Give yourself up to 9 months to get your body back…no more. The longer you let it go, the harder it is.
4. You ate healthy during your pregnancy for your baby…now keep it up…. for you. Your baby needs a healthy mom.
5. Sleep …then if you wake up before the baby, you can clean…not the other way around.
6. Remember, it is important that the baby knows that other people other than just you loves them…Let other people have the baby…it’s good for them…and you.
7. Get a life…your children will be grateful when they are teens and you aren’t obsessing over them.
8. Don’t just call your husband daddy…there are other woman that will see him for more than that…make sure you do too.
9. Take time as a couple…the kids will be gone all to soon…many couples split during this time because they aren’t best friends anymore..
10. Keep believing in happy endings…
This is my new grandson …George…born March 28th.