What does your fourth of July look like? Mine started off with my daughter and I rushing down to Goodwill this morning for their 50% off sale. If you have never been to one of these you don’t know what you are missing.
Here is a picture of the line waiting to get in.
When you do something like this you have to go in with a plan…..here was ours.
1. Walk briskly, don’t run.we decided right off the bat that we were not going to throw our integrity away for a deal…..in other words , no knocking little old ladies out of the way.
2. Head to the expensive stuff first. The baby stuff is right inside the door and I tend to always just go there first, but today is 50% off..baby clothes are just a dollar. So jewelry and furniture were the things to hit first.
3. Don’t think…just grab. Thinking is for later, before you check out. My daughter paused on a beautiful rug and someone else walked up and said….it’s mine.
4. If at all possible DO NOT bring your children….or mothers in walkers. It can get really crazy.
5. It is best to come as a team. We got in just as the last shopping cart was being taken. As a team we were able to hold and look.
6. Wear easy try on clothes and shoes. On days like this you can’t wait for a dressing room….just pull the pants on over your shorts or the top on over the one you are wearing.
7. Know people’s sizes…you don’t know if you are going to find a wonderful suit for your son in law…
8. Now the most important part..while you are in line…trust me, on days like this you will have lots of time….look everything over . Do you really need it? Do you really want it? Is it in good condition?
Here is a sample of our finds…
Lucky for us, after about an hour of walking around with full hands we were able to find a cart.
We found a couple of comfy chairs and decided to just sit and people watch for about an hour and then get up again and see what they had put out in the mean time.
I hope you all are having a wonderful fourth…
Here are some pictures of our house today…
Don’t you love the buntings I got at Goodwill back in Feb?
They were only $1.00 each!
I LOVE GOODWILL!